Monday, July 2, 2012

Bucket o' Gussets

The 1/16th plywood arrived.  So I got busy and cut some gussets.  Most of the gussets are these 1"X2" rectangles.   I calculated (re-calculated) that 704 are required.  (a previous post had a higher, erroneous, number). 

These were all cut on my table saw.  I ripped the first sheet of ply into 1" strips and then contemplated using the radial arm saw to cut the gussets to length.  Bringing to mind the adventure of cutting the cams for jig, with parts flying all over the shop, I decided to use the table saw to cut to length, as well.  The Ryobi, with its sliding miter table, works well for cutting a bunch of small parts.

This bucket, plus half of another, contain 840 to 850 gussets.  So I should have plenty. 

There are some other oddly shaped gussets that I need to tackle next.  I was trying to figure out how many of each I needed when I realized I was tired enough that calculations should be left for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment