Monday, September 10, 2012

Baby Steps

I promised to make some effort to keep something on the blog through the process of fabricating wing ribs.  It is, as I said, a highly repetitive process.

Plus, there have been quite a few demands on my time and I haven't spent the time in the shop that I have wanted.  Still, on Sunday afternoon I was able to sneak into the shop and get a rib built.

One other adventure that has been slowing work is preparation for the annual Alvord Desert flyin by a bunch of 150 guys here on the west coast.  The flyin is completely casual with no organization except the selection of a date.  The weekend of 9/15 this year.  This will be the first year I have been able to attend, and I am very much looking forward to it.

The Alvord Desert is located in southeastern Oregon.  There is nothing there.  The flyin is to the dry lake bed that comprises most of the desert (yes, there is desert in Oregon).  The weekend is a camping event, but it is completely primitive.  There are no facilities beyond some ramshackle buildings around a hot springs and a pipe installed in one cold spring. 

I will post photos on this blog and the 46Juliet blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment