Saturday, August 18, 2012

Saturday Fun

I got to spend about four hours on the Wag-a-Bond today.  I started by pulling staples from one of the #3 ribs.  I then moved on and finished a #4 (aileron) rib.  There are several aileron ribs.

Following that, I, again, tried to tackle the question of the wing root fairing attach bracket reinforcing blocks.  I spent a good deal of time studying the drawings for the wing root fairings themselves.  I then did some calculations and estimated where the attach brackets ought to go.  I am not sure what I did was the right answer.  But I had to do SOMETHING.  We will see how well I did when it is time to fasten the wing root fairings.

Here is a photo of an "aileron" rib.  The curved end will form the aileron well at the end of the wing.


No comments:

Post a Comment