Saturday, March 29, 2014

A Short Hiatus

There has been a bit of a gap in the work because I got side-tracked by the idea of trading my Cessna 150 for a Piper Pacer project.

After responding to one offer in detail, I decided not only to reject that offer, but to reject the idea.  The big problem is that I would be without a flying airplane for an indefinite amount of time.  That is simply unacceptable.

One piece of very good news is that during the time I was exploring the Pacer possibility, one of the folks on the Wag Builders forum showed me a much better aileron pulley arrangement.  Instead of a small bracket welded to the aileron hinge, he has devised a pulley bracket that shares the top hinge bolt on the front side of the rear spare with aileron hinge.


This is much easier to fabricate and aligns the cable with the actuating horn much better.  These photo are from my friend's shop.  I will fabricate these brackets (I need two) after I complete the last of the aileron hinges.


No comments:

Post a Comment