Saturday, February 1, 2014

Another Hinge!

You can expect the above title to be repeated in the next few weeks.  I have one aileron hinge complete, one finished except for primer, and a third started.  There are a total of six.  Two of which are complicated by carrying the aileron pulley brackets.  I will build those last.

There won't be many photos.  They would just be highly repetitive.

Ran out to the hardware store today to pick up a new drill gauge.  I don't know what happened to the one that I purchased sometime in the 1970's.  I was amazed at the blank looks I received. Nobody at the local hardware store (and this is a mill town fer cryin' out loud) had any idea what I was talking about.  The best the local NAPA could do, after receiving a long explanation as to what a drill gauge is and how its used,  was offer to sell me a "Drill Doctor" electric bit sharpener for $100.  Really?

Has the simple, but essential, art of drill bit sharpening been lost?

No comments:

Post a Comment