Friday, January 18, 2013

Ribs are Finished

Well, perhaps the title is a bit of a stretch. But rib fabrication is complete.  They still need to be varnished in order to be considered "complete".

This photograph illustrates the differences between a "standard" rib and a tip rib. The one in front is the tip rib.

The final tally?  Rib construction required (for me) 136 hours over seven months.  The cost in my cost sheet is a bit misleading.  I show $692.00.  But I have quite a bit of material left over.  Some of it will be useful later in the project, but I definitely over-estimated by maybe 10%, which isn't too bad.

I have a definite feeling of accomplishment.  There is a lot of work in building these ribs.  While it has been fun, it feels good to be done with it. 

2 comments:

  1. Do you keep all the doors and windows shut at the varnish party?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummmmm, no. We will be using adequate ventilation.

      Delete